Where do you go to relax at the end of the day? Your home! Stress should be left at the door and your soul given a place to rest and be nurtured. To make your home more enviting for relaxation, implement these ideas. You'll be surprised how doing these for a few weeks can create a totally different environment and feeling in your home.
1. Green! Bring green plants into your home, especially the kinds that filter indoor pollutants. Some of these plants include gerber daisies, spider plants, english ivy, chrysanthemums, and boston ferns. You should have two plants for every 100 sq ft.
2. Bring the outdoors in. Bring in pieces of nature, whether it be a rock you found while hiking that you like, or a piece of wood, or even flowers you picked off the side of the road.
3. Color. Painting a room can change your whole attitude. Find the colors that represent what you want that room to feel. (In my house my bedroom is green and brown, the bathrooms 3 different blues, and the main rooms a desert tan).
4. Sight and sound. Those nature sounding cd's that you can buy just about anywhere now are wonderful to listen to over a cup of hot tea (or coffee). Fix yourself a comfy sitting place, near a window or pretty art work, listen to nature and just enjoy the moment.
5. Room. You should always find at least one place in your house for a little peace and calm. It could even be the bathroom!
6. Clean. A cluttered environment equals a cluttered mind. Clear out those hiding spot every other week or so. If you have less to clean and worry about you'll be more able to relax and enjoy what time you have.
7. Let the light in! Natural light has an amazing affect on your body. Open up those curtains and allow your home to fill up with the sun.
8. Love love love. Homemade gifts and mementos of those special people in your life can make you smile, which relaxes you! Try to have something that makes you smile wherever you find the most stress. (i have two scary looking witches in my kitchen to make me laugh when i get too stressed out).
9. Read! Turn off the tv, and curl up and let your mind go!
10. Baths. A hot bubble bath, some hot tea, a classical music cd, and some candles. Need i say more?