Friday, February 27, 2009
Say your friend, that you've known for several years and consider yourself pretty close to, has a baby. Her second baby, mind you. The oldest child is 2 1/2 and other than having moments as the queen of bossiness is quite adorable. But lets say you go to visit your friend 15 hours after the birth of second child. And you hold it. I mean him.
And you don't know what to say. You chalk it up to being emotional, that he's just too cute for words, that you're caught up in the moment. You're standing there racking your brain trying to think of something to say to this woman who just labored, intensely, for 10 1/2 hours to give birth to second child.
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Friday, February 20, 2009
I think we've all had days where we wonder what the world would be like if it worked like this for humans....
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Why is there a biohazard bag in my fridge you ask? Good question. Apparently Carl went to the dermatologist. And this is the medication they gave him. In my fridge. He says it has a longer life if it stays in the fridge. My fridge. Next to my food. Um, yeah. I need a new fridge now.
Monday, February 16, 2009
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Friday, February 13, 2009
First, Home Depot is now heaven. I had no idea this store was so cool! I think I've spent like 3 hours in there this week, picking up things for V's house and mine. I can't wait til it gets warmer and I can hit their garden section.
We spackled and textured. I had no idea this was so easy. I had to do 3 corners, where it had been chipped off down to the metal and was quite proud of how they turned out. The entire place needed to be spot painted. I think we went through 3 gallons of paint.
This little thing was so much fun! I caulked all the tubs and around the toilets.
Hung up 7 new blinds.
Replaced 4 kitchen tiles. Ken did this actually. Only took him like an hour to get the old ones out and the new ones in, but of course you have to set and treat it over the next 24 hours.
Took out 15 bags of trash, a couch, entertainment center, lawn mower and took home 4 bags of stuff that originally was mine but I had left when we splilt. Overall I feel better than I ever have about the split. And it's been just great having Ken there with me. He's taught me alot, and we've had some amazing discussions, about everything that has happened and everything that we want for in the future. Absolutely beyond exhausted but it's been a good week.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
"I'm not sure how romantic the muppets are."
I leaned up and whispered in his ear "Whisper sweet nothings in my ear. Motorcycle cop. Motorcycle cop is a sweet nothing? No, a motorcycle cop is following us."
At this point he popped his head up and was like what the hell was that? I busted out laughing.
This wonderful quote is from the first Muppet movie (like there was any doubt where I was going with this).Ken and I are movie quote nuts. We're constantly throwing out new quotes to see if the other person can identify them.
What's your favorite movie quote?
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Saturday, February 7, 2009
If you would like to play along here are the directions:
1. Leave me a comment & your e-mail address saying, "Interview me." If you dare.
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions).
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions. (You get to choose the questions.)
The first five 'askers' get the interview!
1. What did you think you wanted to be when you grew up? Growing up my main goals were to be a mom and a teacher. For a short period in my early teens I was convinced I wanted to be a runway model, but then I found out most of them were taller than 5'1". Canceled that idea out. I went to college for 6 years (still haven't gotten a degree yet, kept changing my major too many times) and actually went for my degree in elementary education. Changed my mind half way thru. Still working on the mommy thing tho. We're hoping to start trying later this year if the economy gets a little better.
2. If you could buy any car in the world, what would it be and why? I don't have a dream car. Car's arent that big of a deal to me. There are some 'cheaper' cars that I would like. I saw the cutest VW Beetle (the newer model) driving down the street yesterday. It was this pearly iridescent purple/lavender. Just gorgeous. That i'd like to have. A Camero. A Mustang. Ya know, cars that make ya go ooooohhhh. But I guess my dream car would have a lifetime full coverage warranty on it. That's the car I would want.
3. Coffee or Tea? Tea, hands down. Just the smell of coffee makes me nauseaus. Yuck.
4. What do you still want to accomplish or do in life? Have a kid or two, Finish a degree in something, Run a successful business, Retire at 60, Visit Europe, Be happy. There are a few bigger things I want to accomplish, like make sure that after I retire I don't have to worry about finances, but my list of little things i'd like to accomplish is quite long. I'll save that for another post.
5. What is the best gift you have ever received? Oh, this is a tough one. I guess my birthday present from Ken this year is this best. It was the most helpful and thoughtful.
Friday, February 6, 2009
Monday: The day must have been pretty uneventful because the highlight of the day was my facial at 4. Lately i've broken out like i'm 14 again, and it's driving me nuts. So I called up my esthetician, Darlene, and begged and pleaded til she made me an appointment. Feel better, altho now I look more like 16. Is anyone else breaking out like crazy? I don't know what to do. I've been using Clinique for 7 years now, so I guess it's time for a change? Nicole recommended Bare Minerals? Any recommendations?
Tuesday: The day was pretty quiet, no real drama. Ken and I started rehabing V's house. At first it was a little weird. We walked the house, assessed what needed to be done, and started bagging trash. At first Ken was ranting the whole time. I just let him go. I figured it was the perfect time and place for him to vent and get it all out. After about 2 hours he sat down and told me to take a break. I was in that space where if I stopped I was done and I just wanted to get everything done. So he just sat and watched me for a few minutes, then got up and just wrapped himself around me and told me he loved me. I almost started crying. His support, and help, with this means so much to me. He even said he thought I needed this because it was cathartic for me, but it think it is for both of us.
Wednesday: Had an eviction at 10, which went relatively well, considering when we walked in there were new born puppies on the floor. They paid, we handed them the keys back, all was good. Wish they all went that easy. Went to walk thru two more vacancies (this was the point where I lost a set of keys. In a parked car. We tore the car apart for 20 minutes only to find that they had slid inside the folder that was sitting at my feet. Yeah, not gonna live that one down for a while). Lunch at Roberto's (yummy nachos). Ken came over and we got started on bagging up trash and cleaning the second house we're gonna rehab. He's really into this rehabing thing, and especially us working together. I'm still a bit in shock I guess, i'm not used to having this much help. I love it tho.
Thursday: It was one of those day's that started with me laying in bed cursing my uterus. I am so thankful that I have a job where I can pretty much come and go whenever I want because I didn't' get out of bed til 9. No appointments, other than lunch with Emily, which was nice. Very quiet productive day. Ken met me at my house after work and he took a short nap before we went over to house #2 to finish bagging trash and start cleaning. I am so loving having him here every night. I am even getting to the point where I don't mind waking up at 3 in the morning.
Friday: Only 8 o'clock in the morning, but no real plans for today. Have to go to the office and get a few invoices out, do some filing, maybe lunch with Nicole. After that, NADA. YAY! Ken and I decided not only were we taking tonight off from cleaning houses, but we're taking the night off from each other and just staying home and cleaning our prospective houses. That's the only thing that really sucks about rehabing homes, i'm so flippin exhausted by the time I get home nothing gets done in MY house.
Weekend plans: Finish up all maintenance and cleaning on V's house and get it back on the rental market. That should take about a day. Hopefully, anyways. After that I want to just take a little time to relax, maybe go catch a movie.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Choose a prompt, post it on your blog.
1.) Tell us about a lie you told that you later regretted.
2.) Choose a task you'd like someone to complete and write a poem asking them to do it.
3.) Describe a talent you have.
4.) Write a list of ten things on your mind this week.
Seeing as how it's 5 oclock in the flippin morning and i'm awake (Ken has to wake up at 3 to be at work by 5) and i'm still not fully functional I thought i'd tackle #4. Sounds simple enough.
1. Why does the check engine light in my car keep coming on and off?
2. Have to find a good vet and see if I can get a discount if I get both girls 'fixed' at the same time.
3. Organize ebay stuff.... need to buy some more rubbermade storage bins
4. Make room in garage for extra fridge
5. 5 days into february and haven't gone to gym once... totally ruining my habit for feb.
6. Second time reading 'Twilight', can't believe all of the things that I missed the first time through.
7. My best friend's birthday on the 3rd (i'm sorry i was a day late calling hun!!! i know, i suck)
8. How long is it going to take me to rehab (get ready to rent again) the house that V lived in. (I decided to do the work myself, mostly cuz I feel this wierd sense of pride/honor/humility that the reason it's dirty is cuz of me, I can't ask someone else to clean up after that)
9. When is Beth going to have her baby? (my boss's daughter)
10. How do I keep Bella from digging up the garden bed? She's dug so deep in one spot she's hit concrete and keeps breaking it off in chunks to bring in the house for me to step on.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Monday, February 2, 2009
For the Lemonade Award, here are the rules:
1. Put the logo on your blog or post.
2. Nominate at least 10 blogs which show GREAT ATTITUDE and/or GRATITUDE!
3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received your award.