Monday, January 26, 2009

Manic Monday and Blond Moment #2

With Nicole dealing with the death of her brother and 6 evictions pending (just waiting on the go signal) this weeks is going to be pretty hetic. I have like 6 posts floating around in my head that I want to write about. So the dishes won't get washed, or the laundry put away. I'm sharpening my writing and communication skills. That's what's really important, right?

So in honor of this Monday Morning, I thought i'd start everyone off with a blonde moment. I have a very dear friend (hi hunny!) who called me to share this ....this... moment (i'll leave it at that). Now she knows I love her dearly, and that I share this purely as a warning to women everywhere....... Slow the F*&k down!!! Now it was a day like any other, taking kids to school, stopping by the grocery store, fixing dinner. Normal. So here she is, in her routine, bringing in and unloading groceries, and i'm sure in a bit of a hurry as that seems to be her normal state (with three kids and a wicked addiction to coke (the soda people!) she can't help it). So she's putting away the freezable food, shuts the door and bends over to pick up more stuff to go into the fridge. The freezer door doesnt lock. It opens quietly. She stands up, quickly. Bam! Whacks her head into the door. Cursing insues (the kids ears are still ringing). But, being the modern super mother that she is she goes about her day. Finishes putting away the groceries, takes #1 kid to volleyball or soccer or whatever sport she's in this season, and comes home. At some point a massive headache starts creaping in (duh). So she takes her prescription migraine medicine, thinking that should take care of it. And it does, slightly. While fixing dinner tho she notices she's getting light headed, that the room is starting to spin. So, she calls her doctor. Who tells her that she has a MILD CONCUSSION! (At this point in the story I cracked up and fell off the couch I was laughing so hard). So she's taking it easy, and of course using this as an excuse for the kids to have to keep the noise level down. Now c'mon ladies, we need to slow down. There are good concussion stories and you've got to be kidding concussion stories. This is one of the later. So as an early monday warning, everyone slow down! And have a good week.

3 comments:

AndreaLeigh said...

yikes! i have done that too many times in my laundry room. it's a hazard, I tell ya.

can i just say how proud i am of your blog? you just recently started blogging and your blog is booming! you go, girlie!

Megan said...

Oh no! LOL Poor thing, but too funny!

Mammatalk said...

This is a great one. Yes, we all need to slow down!