Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Blonde moment #1

It may not look like it now, but yes I was born a blonde. And even though the color has darkened over the years (no one say dishwater blonde please), the spirit remains. Every now and then I do something so ... so.... well, blonde that it even dumbfounds me. So in the spirit of laughing with myself instead of at myself (wait, is that right?) I'm going to share my moments.

Insert blonde moment #1.

I usually curl my hair everymorning with a large barrel curling iron. For some reason last night I decided that I wanted to try pin curls. Now, there was no alcohol in this decision. It was right after a long hot bubble bath and I was watching The Muppets Christmas Carol. Not sure what they had to do with the decision, but setting up the scenario. So I went to town. Now my hair is probably about 2 inches below my bra strap to give you and idea of the length. I've done pin curls before, but never ever when it was this long. So I wound them all up, pinned them tightly, and went to sleep. I also toss and turn quite a bit in my sleep (an important side note).
I should also mention that the carpet people were coming at 9 am to shampoo the carpets. I, in my non-inebriated state, forgot to set the alarm. Fortunately, Bella woke me up at 8:45. I hade time to have a mini heart attack at what my hair turned into and wrap a bandana around it just before they got here. I dont know if it was the length, the tossing and turning, or simply just a why you shouldnt try a new hair technique the eve of christmas eve lesson.







Notice the likeness to dreadlocks. (sorry for the crappy pictures. During the night Bella decided that my camera cord was made of liquorish.)




Carl got home just as the carpet guys were finishing up. Perfect timing as usual. I immediately hopped into the shower where it took 3 apps of conditioner to get all of the knots out of my hair. Maybe I should have left it and just started a new look for a new year.

1 comment:

Cheryl Ann said...

thanks for stopping by my blog! loved the pin curls...I've tried that before too and it never works out the way you'd hope it would. i'll be back to check out your blog!