First, I'd like to thank Mrs. Potts for the Honest Scrap award! Very cool!
1) Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
2) Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with "Honest Scrap." Well, there's no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
3) List at least 10 honest things about yourself.
The 7 brilliant blogs that I bestow this award to are:
Jane at Jumpin in the Jungle
Michelle at One Crafty Mama
Rachel at Adventures of an American Mum
Sassy Engineer at Pretty Peony
Lena at Inner Green Fairy
Andrea at My Chihuahua Bites
Maven at A Fabulously Good Life
Okay, now to the 10 honest things about myself.
1. I am addicted to sweet tea. Seriously. Check my blood sugar level sometime.
2. I bite my nails when i'm nervous.
3. I babble alot when i'm nervous also. (makes my boss nervous when i'm alone with clients)
4. I am addicted to clothes and shoes. (I just counted - I have 28 pairs of capris. Should I consider this a problem?)
5. I am teaching myself how to cook. (growing up, cooking mostly consisted of openeing a box of hamburger helper. I'm now trying to make it from scratch)
6. My mom is from Tennessee and my dad is from Georgia and even though I was born and raised here in Las Vegas, when I get nervous or pissed off, I get a southern accent.
7. I have a very unique giggle. I've been told it sounds like a horse whinnying.
8. I love the movie 'Waitress' so much one of my goals now is to open my own pie shop.
9. I love the Star Wars movies and was at the midnight premier of the first three.
10. I talk to my dogs like they're my kids and often carry Sunshine around on my hip like a baby.
And !llegally Blonde over at Could've Been Blonde awarded me with this!
The rules of the award are:
- You must be a true lover of the New Year to receive this award. The person to whom you give the award must also be in love with the New Year.- List 5 things that you love about the New Year. If you can't limit it to 5 things, then keep going till you run out of space.- Pass the award along to as many people as you like. That can be 1 or 50. It's up to you! But keep the New Year cheer going.- Let your recipients know that you have tagged them by leaving a comment on their site. Also, link back to the person who gave you the award.
Since we're already at the freakin middle of the month (I swear it's gonna be christmas again before ya know it) I am awarding this to everyone!! We should all have had at least 5 things happen that we love about 2009 so far.
Here is my list:
1. I am 34 years old! Yes, I am proud of this. I am shocked by this. Maybe i'm just in so much shock that i'm confusing depression for pride.
2. My first husband called and told me that he is getting married. To a girl (woman now) who was one of my best friends in high school. I wish them both the best!!!
3. Business's are going great. Busy little bee over here. No time to sleep. I'll do that when i'm dead.
4. My relationship with Ken is growing by leaps and bounds. We are both moving forward and I can't wait to see what the rest of the year holds in store for us.
5. I am addicted to blogging! I feel like i'm making so many new friends out there in bloggy land and am looking forward to getting to know more!
I do believe that's it. If there are any that I forgot please remind me. Remember, natural blonde here.