Saturday, January 17, 2009

Wierdness

It truly has been a bizarre week. Let me recap, just so I can keep the wierdness in some semblance of order.

Monday: Oh crap, there was a monday? Oh yeah, it was supposed to be the busiest day of the month, but Nicole was having a family emergency so I brought alot of paperwork home and got caught up on 'Big Love' before the season premier sunday. (DVR set!!)

Tuesday: Going about the day, minding my own business, and about 2 in the afternoon I get a text that reads 'Hi Tina. Havent spoken in a while. Hope everything is going good for you.". I was like who the f is this? It was Chris, my first husband. Let's just say dont' ever be behind the wheel when you get a text from your first husband that you havent spoken to in 5 years. I'm lucky that tree jumped out of my way. Turns out that he's getting married. To a girl that I was best friends with in high school. Hm.. so of course my first question was how long have they been dating. Guess they've been friends for 6 years and things just naturally progressed. So, yay. I am happy for him. And her. I'm glad he's finally found someone. We got married 3 days before high school graduation and made it 7 years together before I was going out of my mind and we split. I'm the first one to jump on the your too young to get married band wagon, having done it myself. That was wwwwaaayyy too young. Neither one of us knew who we were as individuals, much less what we wanted to be as a couple. But I know he carried alot of resentment and anger for a long time about the split, so I truly am happy that he's fallen in love and found someone that he wants to be with. Just shocked the snot out of me to hear from him like that.

Wednesday: Boring morning. (should have been a clue) Had a depo for a case going at work. Now while I can't give the specifics in the case I can say that I was truly not prepared to be attacked. I thought the depo would take maybe 30 minutes top. Nope. Two and a half freakin hours. By the time I got out of there I was fit to be tied. There wasnt' a Baskin Robbins close enough. And of course being in that mental state there was no way I was getting anything else productive done the rest of the day. Now mind you, I tried, but after attempting to put something in the computer 3 times and it going going right (damn computer) I quit and went home. Went to bed at 9 pm and didnt wake up til 7 am.

Thursday: After the last two days, Nicole promised me a nice boring day of inspecting some vacant properties and then we'd go shopping. We both had gift cards to Macy's burning holes in our pockets and I for one dont like fire that close to my body. So we headed to the first property. Yep. That was the last one. This house was evicted the day after christmas. They decided they didnt like that and moved back in and rekeyed the flippin house! Metro was called. Locksmith was called. Went through it all again. So we show up a third time and they have done it again! New hardware on the door, house locked up tight. Well, I got smart (a-ha!) there in between the second and this time and had the power turned off so they were in there for 3 days with no power. But seeing as how I am not about to rush in a house with a squatter and get shot for nobody, we waited for metro. Again. Then waited for the locksmith. Again. Finally, after 2 hours, got back in the house, did our inspection and locked the house up tight. In my 5 years doing this this is the first time i've ever had this happen. Sign of the times?

So after all that we headed straight to the mall. Macy's was having some amazing sales so I bought 2 summer nightgowns (and yes I was tempted to come home and turn the heat up to 80 so I could wear them), a pair of silky short gouchos, and a bottle of perfume. I love this stuff! Long day of shopping, got home around 6, got in my jammies, and just surfed around online all night reading blogs. Friday: Full day in the office. Didn't get home til 5. Had plans to go to Ken's for dinner, but V called right when I was walking out the door. They (he and T, the new wife) have found a new place to live. (currently they still rent from me, in the same house that I lived in when we were together). Cheaper, which was his main goal. But they needed a letter of recomendation from me, the landlord. (the power!) So, realizing that this was probably the only moment in our relationship where I had the upper hand I told him that it was a friday night and I had plans, but if they would like to type up the letter for me and bring it over, say 10-ish, I would be more than happy to sign it and give them one of my business cards. They accepted (did they have a choice?) So went all the way up the mountain to Ken's for dinner. He fixed a delicious shephards pie that i'm going to have to watch him make next time so I can post it on my other blog. Got home about 9-ish and worked on cataloging comics for the ebay store til they got here. And it was a pleasant exchange. Havent spoken to HER in 6 months? V calls like maybe twice a week, just to tell me what's going on in his life (havent decided if I care still or not). But paper signed, they have a meeting today with the new landlord. Keep your fingers crossed for me. This is the last tie that he and I have together.

So..... if anyone else from my past pops up I think i'm going to spend the rest of the month in hybernation.

This weekend is going to be spent cleaning my house, since I didn't get anything accomplished during the week. Oh joy.

6 comments:

Mama Wheaton said...

Wow and I thought I had a busy life. I hope you take some relaxation time this weekend too!

He & Me + 3 said...

You were busy...I can see why you got nothing done around the house during the week...and how strange about the blasts from the past. ARen't those fun?

chermonblie said...

Gotta love the exes coming out of the woodwork! I hope your weekend is much less eventful and you get some R&R!

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

Wow!! That is one heck of a week!!
That text must have been a shock...to say the least. I hope you have a relaxing weekend...cleaning?

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

Oh...and definitely share that recipe if you get it, we love shepherd's pie here, but would love to vamp it up a bit!!

AndreaLeigh said...

you did have a crazy week! try to relax this weekend. i hope things improve!