Monday, March 30, 2009

Where did the weekend go?

Thursday was a LOONG day. I got in the office around 9:30, and was getting quite abit of misc paper work done when we had an unexpected visitor. It was a gentleman who, well, I had met but Nicole had never met. Back story - her late husband (my late boss) was dating a woman, P, for 4 years (before he met Nicole). P was married to JK. John, Nicole's husband, new she was married, as did everyone, but everyone, and I do mean everyone, also knew she was also dating John. Well, P died, a year later John and Nicole get married. End of story. Well, until yesterday. JK comes walking into the office and wants to offer his condolences to Nicole on John's passing. Huh? We were both in shock. Surely this man knew that John had been having an affair with his wife for almost 4 years. And he wants to come in and offer his condolences to John's widow? It was definately a wtf moment. The husband of John's mistress comes in to offer the widow of the man that was sleeping with his wife condolences??? Definately threw both of us for a loop. Margaritas for lunch were a must. We went to Ricardo's, our regular lunch spot. Great nacho's and great margaritas.

That night I started training at the second job. It's not that hard, alot of cash handling and checking in an out the staff. I worked 5 hours thursday, 8 friday, and 5 saturday, all training. I think i've got it all down, but i'm still want one more night before i'm totally left on my own. I've worked for myself for so long, i'm not used to asking anyone how to do something, so once i'm on my own I want to make sure that I can do it. So I have a break until thursday night, when I have to work 8:30 pm to 5:30 am. It's a pretty crazy scheduale, considering i'm working all day doing the property management thing, but I was quite proud of myself for handeling it so well. I wasn't that tired and didn't loose my momentum all weekend. Normally i'm one of those people who likes to sleep for 8-10 hours a day, and don't you dare do anything to ruin that routine. But I did ok. I know it's eventually going to wear on me, but hopefully this won't be for a long time period.

Sunday I slept til noon, went and did a little shopping, came home and baked a ham (new glaze with maple syrup, dijon mustard, and a dash of crushed cloves... yummy!), and cleaned up the house. That night after dinner we watched "Flags of our fathers". It was a good movie, the cinematography was amazing, but I found it slightly depressing. It was so sad how they, especially the Indian Ira, was totally manipulated by the government, using them to sell war bonds. Yes, it was for a good cause, but they really didn't care about them as people. Plus the movie was a tad bit on the slow side. Not sure why. We're gonna watch "Letters from Iwo Jima" next weekend. The cool part of this is, at least I think for Ken, is seeing all the history and getting a sense of what his mother saw as a kid. She was 5 and in Okinawa when the nuclear bombs were dropped and she remembers seeing the blast in the sky. I think in a wierd way it helps him to either understand better or get a better sense of his parents history. His dad is American, a marine, and his mom Japanese, born and raised on Okinawa til she was in her twenties and married his dad. So in these films he's seeing both sides. Of course his dad didn't fight in this war, he was only 5 himself, but he was a marine for 20 years, serving 4 tours in Vietnam, and I think this gives him a sense of his father.

Today was a pretty good day too. Had a facial at 10. My face is still breaking out something awful. I know i'm not drinking enough water these days. Especially this weekend, I lived on sweet tea. And then tonight I had a massage. Just needed to relax. This week is going to be just as nuts as last, but i'm feeling more positive about everything. Maybe it was just pms hitting early. Damn hormones.

2 comments:

Candice said...

Sounds like you've been very busy lately. You deserved the facial and massage.

He & Me + 3 said...

Wow...you have been busy. That was quite the story huh? I don't drink and I might need one if that had happened to someone I knew:)
So you took the other job? Glad things are going well for you.
I am jealous of your facial. Those are my favorite spa treatments. Love to get a facial.
Have a great week!
I am having giveaways all week at my blog...stop by:)