Sunday, December 21, 2008

And the beat goes on...

The weekend ended up much better than the week was. Friday nite Ken made homemade pizza using the pizza dough from Fresh and Easy. It turned out so good. We are all hooked on those stores here. It's pretty much the only place I shop anymore. I used to be all into the coupone and price comping thing, spending hours going over all of the ads and seeing what I had coupons to match, and then taking the whole mess to Walmart since they will match all comps. I supose since money is still a little tight I probably should, but i've started eating better. Not really better, just more conscious. I couldnt believe the amount of sodium and carbs I was consuming. Shopping at fresh and easy has made my diet healthier, plus they have amazing deals. Today I bought a package of 7 chicken thighs with the skin and bone for only $2.10. I seperated it into 3 packages, doused them with different marindades, stuck them in the food saver and straight into the freezer. Gotta love that.

We watched PS I Love You saturday while Ken cooked breakfast. It was really good, better than I expected. I'm not a big Hilary Swank fan, she could stand to put a little more weight on in my opinion, but it was a really sweet love story. And yes, I cried. I did think that James Marsters (forever known as Spike) could have been in it a little more. That might have helped it some.

Today is the winter solstice. This site has some cool history and ideas for celebrating today.

I cant' believe thursday is Christmas. I finished my shopping up today, thank goodness. But the next two days are going to be just insane at work. I have 4 houses to clean, we have to do the year end and month end accounting, plus we have 7 evictions pending before wednesday. Why i'm still wide awake typing I dont know. I'm sure it doesnt have anything to do with the 5 glasses of sweet tea I consumed today.

But overall it wa sa nice relaxing weekend. I spent friday nite at Ken's but he spent Saturday night here. I know he's not comfortable here (I only have a queen bed) but he said he'd start coming over here on the weekends until Bella gets older and I can leave her unattended. Right now i'm working on just leaving her in a room by herself for an extended amount of time. Carl and I went out for lunch today and just in an hour she ate a book off the bookshelf and destroyed a pillow. In her defense the book was a copy of the Kama Sutra and the pillows was Ken's, so maybe she was just telling me she was pissed he spent the night and she had to sleep on the floor.

No comments: