Over chinese lunch today, my best friend Emily and I were discussing our goals for the new year. I had really decided to not set any resolutions, as I feel I should just keep taking baby steps towards my new life. But after listening to Emily talk about her goals, and her plans to acomplish them, to improve herself this year, inside and out, I felt inspired. So instead of resolutions, i'm going to set out 12 new habits that I want to establish for 2009. They say 30 days of repetition makes something a habit. So I figure one a month and i'll be doing good. So here it goes.
1. Study devotionals once a day
2. Exercise, in some form every day
3. Live on less than $50 a week (with the prices of gas going back up this might have to change)
4. Make an effort to look nice for work every day, (no more jeans, sweatshirt, pulling my hair back in a pony tail and no makeup)
5. Stop cursing
6. Watch the news everyday and pay attention/get caught up on wordly events
These are in no order yet, and obviously I still have to come up with a few. For January i'm tackeling # 4. All I did with my hair was pull it back into a clip but I at least put on a nice sweater and makeup. Any one have any ideas of new habits they'd like to establish in their lives?